Friday, May 4, 2018

Recommendable portuguese restaurant in Macau "澳門咖啡"

I went to Macau during golden week. At the time I found a recommendable Portuguese restaurant in Macau which serves savory cuisine. Hence I'd like to share it with you, here :)

1. Location

The location is in the vicinity of Senado Saure.
The restaurant is located in the back alley called "TRAVESSA DE S. DOMINGOS".
Since entrance is a squeezed and may not catch your eyes, you may easily pass by. As a matter of fact, when I went there, I wasn't even sure if this is restaurant. Then a waitress captured my attention on the street showing their menu. That's how I decided to have lunch there.
You can check the precise location here.(Google map)

2. Ambience

The restaurant is equipped standard hygiene. Washroom was also clean. I could sense their awareness for hygiene. Interior was cosy and the tables were well set. And staff was really friendly and welcoming but not pushy for ordering.

3. What I ordered

First of all, I ordered "chrysanthemum tea". From my impression it was similar to chamomile tea, but color was more yellowish. To be honest it was my first time to try chrysanthemum tea. When part of my mind was set on chrysanthemum, the other part of my mind was set on rose tea and I didn't know how to finalize it, waitress was courteous enough to let me smell each aroma of dried tea flower of them:)
Following this, I ordered "Codfish roll". To be honest, it was too salty for my palate(of course it is salted). Waitress recommended me to always eat codfish roll with vegetable due to its salinity.
I also ordered "Seafood rice". This was really savory with coriander accent. They used longer rice than Japanese one. I always think longer rice is always suited for such risotto-type cuisine.
All in all, this restaurant was really what I craved for at the time. I highly recommend you to go there when you visit Macau, as it might be one of the highlights on your trip :)

2 comments: